France 2, The Journey Continues


Here we go again then. Up early in the morning, pack everything away and on the road south heading for the Massif Central region. It's Sunday morning and most shops are closed. We spot a village patisserie and stop to buy some Quiche Lorraine for lunch. Back on the motorway its very hot again. Midday we stop at a service station/picnic area, buy some pre-packed salad and eat it with our quiche. As we near the Massif Central the clouds start building and we decide to stay in an hotel if we spot one. Just outside Moulins we book into a Mercure hotel for the night. The thunder started almost immediately and it was continuous, then there was the gale force winds and torrential rain, a real Big Daddy of a storm. This region is known as the thunder capital of France and is packed with extinct volcanoes. Shortly afterwards I started to feel ill, I think it must have been the quiche I ate. I haven't been that ill for years, I spent almost the entire night in the loo with s&d. Next day I didn't know if I could continue with the journey but double doses of Immodium and encouragement from my beloved got me back in the car. Anyway I had a safe journey and we arrived in the Cevennes region by mid afternoon. Lovely scenery, very green and wooded. The campsite, the Domaine De Gaujac near Anduze, www.domaine-de-gaujac.com , was well set out with plenty of shade and good sized pitches and, bliss oh bliss, it was very quiet. I sat mostly in the car while the tent was put up, having now been 36 hours without food. A cup of tea was the first thing on the agenda, lovely, how English! After some food and a stroll down to the river we had an early night, earplugs in for me and 10 hours of oblivion. Holidays! What do I think of it so far? Rubbish!!

Popular posts from this blog

British Holiday Websites

Dublin's Fair City!

Algeciras, the real Spain